Clarke County Drought
September 27, 2022
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CLARKE COUNTY IS IN A MODERATE TO SEVERE DROUGHT
SIRWA CUSTOMERS SUPPLIED BY THE OSCEOLA WATER WORKS ARE BEING ASKED TO IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING VOLUNTARY WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES.
The Osceola Water Board held a special board meeting September 20, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Based off of the current drought monitor, current water levels in West Lake (Osceola’s water source) and water quality concerns at the lower intake level, the Water Board took action to implement the first stage of the Utilities Conservation plan. The first steps outlined in the plan are listed below.
Section 1: Water Watch - Voluntary Conservation Measures
- Reduced watering of lawns, shrubs, or gardens, including automatic sprinklers.
- Reduced outdoor watering of all types between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 P.M.
- Reduced car washing.
- No water should be used to wash streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks or building exteriors.
- No water should be used for nonessential cleaning of commercial and industrial equipment, machinery, and interior spaces.
- Water should be served at restaurants only upon request of the customer.
- Voluntary reduction of water uses of all types is encouraged.
We appreciate everyone's efforts during this time.